Public health actions, such as social distance, are necessary to reduce the spread of COVID-19, but can increase stress, anxiety, mood swings, fear and depression. Learning to deal with the above in a healthy way establishes general health and well-being.
Pandemic stress can cause the following:
- Feelings of fear, anger, sadness, anxiety and / or frustration
- Triggering mental health symptoms or worsening of existing ones
- Changes in appetite and / or energy
- Difficulty concentrating and making decisions
- Difficulty sleeping and / or nightmares
- Physical symptoms such as headaches and body aches
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Increased consumption of substances (alcohol, etc.)
- Νευρολογικές ή/και ψυχικές επιπλοκές
Here are some ways you can help yourself and others manage stress:
- Stop watching or reading news, including social media about the pandemic. It is good to be informed, but constantly hearing about the pandemic can be aggravating.
- Take care of your body
- Try to eat healthier and more balanced meals
- Exercise daily outdoors
- 20 minutes in the sun without sunscreen for more vitamin D3
- Continuous deep sleep (5 stages) 7-9 hours
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco and substance use
- Relax and integrate other activities or hobbies you enjoy
- Connect with other people via social media, phone or mail
- Control your symptoms with new alternative methods such as Quantum Biofeedback
The response to fight or flight during a pandemic.
To understand how Quantum Biofeedback can provide relief from stress, irritability, fear and depression during a pandemic, it is important to understand how your body responds to stress. Stressful events such as COVID-19 can trigger a reaction called fight or flight response. Because your body senses danger, it releases adrenaline and cortisol. These hormones give you the energy to "fight" whatever is causing the danger or to "get out" of the situation. Other common reactions of the body to stress include:
- Increased heart rate
- High blood pressure
- Muscle tension
- Rapid breathing
- Digestive problems
- Sleep problems
- Reduced ability to concentrate
Quantum Biofeedback increases the body's awareness.
The medical device of Quantum Biofeedback includes programs such as EEG (electroencephalogram), ECG (cardiogram), EMG (metromyogram) and even measures respiratory variables. All device measurements are displayed on a computer screen and we can interpret, control, identify and manage the mental, emotional, physical, spiritual and environmental stressors.
The session manages to properly manage stress, irritability, bad mood and depression. The stress experienced during the pandemic becomes more manageable as the biofeedback medical device focuses on the unconscious and autonomic nervous systems that balance the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems, trying to retrain out-of-balance brain cells.
Quantum Biofeedback retrains brain, nervous and immune systems.
What exactly does this mean? In a healthy body, each cell vibrates at its ideal frequency. However, when we feel stressed, the cells that make up the brain, nerves and immune system can begin to vibrate differently and not be synchronized. This imbalance affects the immune system.
The Quantum Biofeedback method detects which cells are out of balance and helps the immune system return to its normal frequency by sending electrical pulses to the unconscious parts of the brain. The method is not limited to updates